Sunday, December 12, 2010

12.11.10... The Proposal


I will forever remember December 11, 2010. What an exciting day that ended with an excellent night! It all started at Legal Sea Foods in Downtown Atlanta. Nicole and I had a great dinner with a city view and the whole nine.

She ordered the crab cakes (as usual) and I was really concerned that the crab cake would not meet her strict standards. Once she said, "This is my new favorite restaurant" I knew the rest of the night was going to be smooth sailing. During dinner, I was keeping my boy Gary posted on our progress since he would be waiting for us at Centennial Olympic Park with his camera.

As we were walking out to head over to the park to "take pictures of the lights", a HUGE gust of wind came thru and almost swept us away! Nicole almost b-lined to the car, but I begged her to walk with me to the park, because I had something to do!

When we got over to the rendezvous point, I saw Gary hiding behind a pole!!!! I almost lost it and blew his cover, so I told Nikki we were going to walk around the water fountain. Once in position, I noticed Gary hiding behind a closer pole! I figured, I better do this now, or else I am going to die from laughter at the fact that Gary actually thought the pole was covering him!

I got on one knee and asked Nicole to marry me. She was in total shock, and 17.6 seconds later, she answered YES! Then she said, "who is dude with the camera!?" I told her it was Gary, she looked at him, and smiled brighter than ever!

Big ups to G for offering to come and capture this special moment, I am forever grateful. Peep the flix:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful story!! Big props to you for being so creative!! Nicole can attest to how lucky she is to have you, but I can attest to how lucky you are to have someone like her! She's so awesome! (But I'm sure you know that, my brother!) Best wishes for everlasting bliss to you both!!!

Diane Davis