Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homeless Mission w/IMPACT Church

This Saturday I took part in the Homeless Mission with IMPACT Church. This was a very humbling experience for me. Just when you think things are bad, you have to take a step back and realize that things could be a whole lot worse. There are people living on the streets of Atlanta, and in the woods, with no running water, food, heat, or clean clothes. It is currently 29 degrees outside... I feel for all of those people right about now.

I was reminded of how blessed I am after returning home from this mission. I am so grateful that I attend a church that does not just talk the talk, but walks the walk, with the various missions and good we do for our community. There were over 50 volunteers (IMPACTORS)!!!! These are just a few of the photos from the day.

Circled up for prayer before we departed...
This is someone's dwelling in the woods....
The inside of the dwelling. Habitat for Humanity built these...
Good shots of some IMPACTORS @ work...

It is crazy the park is named HURT PARK, and this is were a vast majority of homeless hangout...

No comments: