Friday, October 31, 2008

Digital Goes To The Polls!!!








I must say that I am extremely excited about the amount of Black folks I have seen actually standing in line for HOURS to vote. Finally the hard work, struggle, and fight that our ancestors endured to give us the RIGHT to vote is paying off in a major way. I've received text messages, emails, and phone calls from friends telling me they stood in line for 2, 3, even 6 hours to vote and they weren't even mad about it. In fact, some say it was the best feeling they've ever had in their life! We shall see what the official results will be after Tuesday night. Here's some shots of my experience voting early in Downtown Atlanta.

If you have photos of your own to share, please send them and I will post them on the blog. THIS IS HISTORY!!!

Be blessed!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

NICE!!!!

Manika *1 Shining Star said...

I also took the time to vote early and the feeling I had once I was finally able to cast my vote was amazing! I thought about my kids as I was standing in line and my 2 hour wait suddenly did not matter at all! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was a good 2.5hr wait for me, but how about the Secretary of State sent me (and others I'm sure) a letter questioning my citizenship. I called and they said I would have to do a provisional ballot so basically my vote wasn't gonna count. But I had the last laugh because I Baracked the vote before I recieved the letter in the mail that same day and their Jacked up system didn't stop me. I called the ACLU and they said that the "new" system they were using was illegal cause they didn't get permission before they implemented it and they won a lawsuit against them for it. I'm still a lil concerned for the people who received the same letter cause if I would not have already voted I would have thought I had to do the paper stuff and it would be one less vote for B. I damn sure wouldn't stand in line for up to 5 hrs with the impression the vote is not gonna count. :-0 scary!

Anonymous said...

Wow - is all I can say. I'm very impressed with our young people and all people concerned about the future of our Nation. We know who's "The Best Man for the Job."

Love ya,

Anonymous said...

beautiful!